|<< >> April 2021|
- - ,
Join the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce at the 4th edition of the largest online networking event for the TransAtlantic business community
When: Tuesday, March 30th, 2021. From 8:30 am to 11:30 am PDT.
Where: Online, on the Conversation Platform.
#TheRipple is back on March 30. Join the largest online networking event to meet new partners, colleagues or friends, and uncover new opportunities.
On March 30, the European-American business community is organizing the fourth edition of The Ripple, aka the largest online networking event for transatlantic business leaders and founders! Our goal? Make waves and launch a positive ripple of business opportunities!
- Register today! Free for members / $10 for non-members.
- You’ll be invited to create your profile on Conversation Starter.
- Browse profiles and send/receive invitations for one-on-one video calls.
- Connect with new contacts on March 30 and make magic happen.
- 8:30 am – 11:30am PT
- 11:30 am -2:30pm ET
- 5:30 pm – 8:30pm CET
- - ,
Hosted by Consulate General of Switzerland in New York & Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce New York
Wednesday, March 18, 2021, 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PST
Dear Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce members and friends,
For those who joined us for our recent “2021 UBS Economic Outlook,” we thank you for your participation and hope that you found the program of interest.
For those unable to join, we are pleased to provide you with a replay of the event, which features Solita Marcelli, Chief Investment Officer Americas for UBS Global Wealth Management, and Ambassador Markus Börlin, Consul General of Switzerland in New York, in an in-depth conversation on the outlook for the domestic and global economy.
- Please click here to view the event replay: UBS Economic Outlook
- If you have any issues with the above, please copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://bcove.video/391sWlv
We will be hosting other virtual events over the coming months, and as soon as appropriate, will look to organize in-person event. Stay on the look-out for invites in your inbox.
If you have any questions or feedback for the Chamber, please feel free to contact me or any of the Board members https://www.amcham.ch/chapters/p_chapter.asp?id=3&chapter=New%20York
With best regards,
- - ,
Wednesday, October 28, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. PST
Should large corporations really try to behave like startups?
State of the art and approaches to corporate venturing.
The last 20 years have dramatically shown that inhouse developments often cannot protect against disruption by well-funded startups: Uber disrupted mobility, Airbnb the hospitality industry, WhatsApp how we text, Netflix how we watch movies! Should large companies simply give up developing new businesses inhouse? And instead invest into startups and benefit as they grow into large businesses themselves?
But why should large corporations invest into the startups that will attempt to disrupt and displace them? Aren’t there other ways for large corporations to benefit from the speed and agility of startups? And still harness the large knowhow of their employees?
Is it possible to strike the right balance between inhouse innovation and corporate venturing?
Our panel will explore the approaches to corporate venturing by different Swiss corporations and by Silicon Valley venture capitalists:
- Swisscom (Lukas Peter): Started an outpost in Silicon Valley 20 years ago and are one of the most visible and present partners and investors in the Swiss innovation scene.
- SBB Swiss Railways (Andreas Jossen): Recently established three outposts in Silicon Valley, China, and Israel.
- Mach49 (Paul Holland): Paul has been a Silicon Valley venture capitalist for the last 20 years and early investor into Netflix. He is a Managing Director at Mach49, advising global corporations how to create a corporate venture practice and actively sharing his experience as “Investor in Residence”. Mach49’s approach strategically combines the incubation of internal ideas and tapping into disruptive projects thru corporate venturing.
- Moderator: Gert Christen, Innovation Strategist
4.00 PM: Welcome & Introductions
4.05 PM: Company presentations & Approach to venturing/corporate venturing
4.30 PM: Discussion incl. Q&A from the audience
This is an online event. You can access the Zoom event via the Eventbrite page (“Access the Event”) or via the link in your ticket (sent by email).
This event is sponsored by Switzerland Global Enterprise.
- - ,
Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:00 p.m. – 01:00 p.m. PST