New Swiss Amcham Report on the Future of Swiss Companies in the USA
Dear members and friends,
Yesterday, September 28, 2021, we published a new report “Economics of change: Exploring opportunities and challenges of Swiss companies in the U.S.”. Some 80 people participated in a hybrid event, with presentation of the report by Marco Huwiler, Country Managing Director Switzerland of Accenture, and Martin Naville. We then enjoyed a very interesting panel discussion with Ambassador Jacques Pitteloud, Swiss Ambassador to the USA, Lars van der Haegen, CEO of Belimo Holding, and Alex Waser, CEO of Bystronic Group.
In the report (please find it here), you will find following points (and more):
- USA is the most important business partner for Switzerland, and the fastest growing
- Swiss companies are deeply invested and highly experienced in the USA
- Swiss companies with strong investments in the USA grow faster, are more profitable and show more resilience in crisis
- Swiss CEOs see their future in the USA very positively
- The new agenda of the US administration brings great opportunities and some new rules
- There are three important actions for improving the performance in the USA
I hope you will enjoy the report. I am very much looking forward to any reactions and suggestions.
We would like to thank Accenture Research for their great support in creating this report. The views and recommendations expressed in it are solely those of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce.
With kind regards,
Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce
Member of the AmCham network